The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MPC Black "Studio" edition
Old 15th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
True DAT!
I've learned over time that you don't need 50 programs to make music, get a few that works well with you and your style. I do HipHop music, RnB, Pop and dancehall music so I need softwares that are flexible. I sound design a lot of my sounds so no one can copy them.

I have:
1. Omnisphere 2 , handles any thing I throw at it, its a beast. With over 10,000 sounds!
2. EastWest Complete Composer Collection, plus Hollywood strings and I'm about to order the Oxford SSL XL 9000 k England, with 726 reverbs, with classic true stereo reverb. This don't even cost that much, it will take my sound to the next level.
3. Nexus 2 with lots of free banks.
4. Sylenth 1 with lots of free banks.
5. True pianos is a beast!
6. Sample Moog by ikmultimedia.
7. Miroslav Philharmonik by IKMULTIMEDIA.
8. Stylus RMX.
9. Titan 200 types of stynths from the past.
10. Over 20,000 drums I have collected and made since 94.
11. Reason refills, I have the complete Triton rack sounds, The Andromeda, Access Virus, Roland 5080, Yamaha Motif XS, Fantom X7, MoPhat EMU & My Mark II. I have much more!

I don't need anything else but the MPC and I'm good. I had more than this I got rid of a lot of programs. I deal with two DAWs , Reason 9 and Studio One v 3.2.
I left PT also. I never could get into Live. There are some dope stynths out there like Signal by Output. I got what works for me, and I'm probably at the scale if over kill lol
You might as well go ahead and get the MPC Black and a Hardware MPC just because this is Gearslutz. There is no such thing as over kill.

That's great you've been able to hold on to your drum sounds since '94. I've lost lots of things due to crashes. I keep all my stuff backed up these days though, I made a beat that I gave a guy about 9 - 10 years ago I ended up hearing that shiz play on the radio and my computer crashed, lost the damn session.

I don't think it was a coincidence, but there are other forums for conspiracy theories.
Old 15th August 2016
Lives for gear

No let's get it rite I'm a MPC Who** lol haaaha lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
I don't need anything else but the MPC^^^ lol

You want the MPC you slut you!!! Haha
Old 15th August 2016
Lives for gear

Man lol you are crazy lmao
I wood of gotten the black but it don't support Win 7. They always kill my dreams man lol

Man I keep my drums on disk and hard drives I don't play around.

EastWest tech told I will get the SSL XL 9000K OXFORD England for free this week for their products. I am super dupa happy! ������
Old 19th August 2016
Here for the gear

Won't beat my MPC4K.
Old 19th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUS View Post
Won't beat my MPC4K.
Man you got that big ole clunky 4k MPC? lol just joking its a cool machine. If Akai supported Win 7 I would of gotten the MPC black.
Old 1st November 2016
Here for the gear

I have read and watched several reviewers and even akai themselves saying that the MPC Studio black had new improved pads over the original.
Old 2nd May 2017
Gear Addict

So how do you like it after all that time?
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by drethe5th View Post
Are we choosing a unit based on looks?
I have not used the newest versions of software but if @ PettyCash is correct, it sounds like a simple paint job, nothing actually being added . . . . .Am I missing something?
pads on the black better more responsive than the silver imo
Old 5th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg View Post
pads on the black better more responsive than the silver imo
I have the black one, it's nice. Not a huge fan of the software. I just use it inside logic. Pads are pretty responsive. I have made a few beats with it. Sold a couple, so it paid for itself. That's really all I can ask for these days. I played around with the silver one and the pads seems different. This one is more like a real MPC imho.
Old 6th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illynoise View Post
I have the black one, it's nice. Not a huge fan of the software. I just use it inside logic. Pads are pretty responsive. I have made a few beats with it. Sold a couple, so it paid for itself. That's really all I can ask for these days. I played around with the silver one and the pads seems different. This one is more like a real MPC imho.
The pads on all their newer products (Touch, Studio Black, Advance keyboard, MPD2) seem to have an updated feel. I actually really enjoy using the pads on the Advance keyboard when I'm not using the MPC software.

I don't know if I would consider them to be any more responsive, but they physically feel more robust, and that alone can affect someone's playing.
Old 17th April 2018
Deleted c74c961
is anyone using this with MPC 2.0 software? how does it hold up.. any pitfalls i should know about? kind of surprised this is supported by 2.0 somehow.

also considered a touch, but don't think i need it - i actually want to keep focused on the software (as a simple DAW) and use the pads for drums and i'm sure the rest of it will be useful as a controller, note repeat etc.

anyone?
Old 26th April 2018
Here for the gear

The thing that kills me is people will spend $2,000 on a piece of older hardware but for some reason they want to make comparisons in latency to a daw running on a crappy house computer with an out of date operating system....what do they expect...I’ve been a music producer since 92’ and have been thru 3 Mocs a korg Triton and several other hardware set ups along the way and I’ll take my pc and reason 10 any day over any of it.....but if you want professional performance you need a professional machine devoted to music it’s same as the hardware days except now the cpu is your hardware.....not the daw!!.....your daw is only as powerful as what you put it on.....like back in the 90’s you wouldn’t buy an mpc 2000 hard drive an install it on a Casio would you??!! No.....so if you want no latency and a real studio like hardware than buy a cpu that goes beyond the specs of your daw and then make that cpu your music studio only don’t even put it online unless you have to for a music project....don’t use it as your family’s house computer or waste space or speed in it on anything other than stuff related to your music!!! Look at that cpu as the engine of your hardware.....not the daw running on a crappy computer from 3 generations ago I mean today you can still get a powerhouse of a computer for half of what an mpc cost even a 3rd and you would still have way more power and speed than an mpc.....just like one if earlier post said the mpc runs better cause it’s engine is devoted to only music???!!!! Well duh if you use your studio cpu same way it will work amazing too....don’t run a studio on a computer your streaming movies on n shopping and everything else and don’t install programs other that your studio and related software.
Old 26th April 2018
Here for the gear
the mpc studio is awesome. but once i got used to the touchscreen on the touch/live, i couldn't go back. the studio's screen is more like the old 1000, 2000's etc. so its a familiar workflow for old hardware MPC users. the studio is also much more portable than the touch/live which is a plus.
Old 22nd August 2020
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Man lol you are crazy lmao
I wood of gotten the black but it don't support Win 7. They always kill my dreams man lol

Man I keep my drums on disk and hard drives I don't play around.

EastWest tech told I will get the SSL XL 9000K OXFORD England for free this week for their products. I am super dupa happy! ������
Ressurecting this just to point out that MPC Software 2.8.1 runs on Windows 7 no problem.

Speaking of which, what's your experience with the Studio and MPC Software 2.8+ ?

I see people talking about real time swing on their Live par example (Some Q-link button business) but i really wish I could do that on the LCD in the Studio
📝 Reply