The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Interface/DAW reccomendations for Tracking MPC 2kxl and Yamaha S90?
Old 8th February 2007
Here for the gear

Interface/DAW reccomendations for Tracking MPC 2kxl and Yamaha S90?

So...here goes!

I'm now working w/ more hardware gear (eg. MPC 2000xl and Yamaha S90) for making beats, so need a soundcard with more I/O to track it all. I've also recently upgraded in computer land to a Macbook Pro (previously was working with Nuendo on a PC), so I'm trying to figure out 2 things:

1) what interface to buy

2) what DAW to use

To complicate matters, I also would like to have the possibility to be able to mix on a Pro Tools HD rig at a pro studio down the road, but, I think that the 32 track limit of Pro Tools LE/M-powered would get really frustrating.

The interfaces I'm looking at right now are:

MOTU 828 mkII, Digi 002 rack, M-Audio Firewire 1814, and Metric Halo Mobile I/O

And, though I'm used to working with cubase/nuendo, I plan to move either to Digital Performer or Pro Tools LE (though like I said, the 32 track limit is a serious downside).

So, any suggestions on interfaces or DAW's would be most appreciated!

Also, has anyone had experience with exporting projects as OMF from DP to take to a Pro Tools HD studio to mix there?

I know this is alot, but any help would be great.

Peace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Korce of Two Left

www.twoleft.ca
www.myspace.com/twoleft

Macbook Pro 2 ghz core duo, 1.5 gb RAM, MPC 2kxl, Yamaha S90, Rode NT1000, Totem Model 1
Old 8th February 2007
Gear Head

im in the same boat as you only difference I'm using a Roland Fantom Korg M1 Mpc 1000 and a PC. I don't want to drop a load of money on a interface just to turn around and get outboard pre's and converters months down the line. Im looking at a tascam 1884 right now... debating on pulling the trigger

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search