The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
OUTBOARD ADVICE
Old 2nd February 2007
Gear Addict

OUTBOARD ADVICE

Hey Guys,
thinking of getting some new gear got roughly 5k to spend on:

tube/preamp -presonus adl 600?
compressor -empirical labs el8 distressor?
monitors- blue sky pro desk 2.1?-adam a7?
ad/da convertor -open suggestions?
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbeats View Post
Hey Guys,
thinking of getting some new gear got roughly 5k to spend on:

tube/preamp -presonus adl 600?
compressor -empirical labs el8 distressor?
monitors- blue sky pro desk 2.1?-adam a7?
ad/da convertor -open suggestions?
Whats good?? Well thats not a bad list to start off wit..I would prolly suggest throwing some plugin's up there, and far as that pre, its a great unit period, i use it myself...The adam monitors are good as well as the blue skys but i would get the bigger model not the smaller ones if i were to use them...What are you thinking of using for an interface? What are you mainly recording? Whats your goals? Those are the main questions that will help us give you better advice...Ne ways welcome to gearslutz btw.....
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

as far as AD/DA i would highly suggest Lynx as you can tell by my sig i own them and was blown away by the price to quality ratio. RME is always a good choice as well.
Old 2nd February 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx View Post
Whats good?? Well thats not a bad list to start off wit..I would prolly suggest throwing some plugin's up there, and far as that pre, its a great unit period, i use it myself...The adam monitors are good as well as the blue skys but i would get the bigger model not the smaller ones if i were to use them...What are you thinking of using for an interface? What are you mainly recording? Whats your goals? Those are the main questions that will help us give you better advice...Ne ways welcome to gearslutz btw.....
yea i do hav tha uad on tha list for my main choice of plugs but as far as wat im looking for is just alittle escape from software as i use reason 3.0 and i jus wanna bit of outboard to beef up my audio , Im using a tascam fw1082 midi/audio firewire which is all good but want something of higher quality.
Old 2nd February 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwun25 View Post
as far as AD/DA i would highly suggest Lynx as you can tell by my sig i own them and was blown away by the price to quality ratio. RME is always a good choice as well.
thanx il check em out.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search