The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tracking out a Workstation...
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Tracking out a Workstation...

I need to track out some songs from a Motif ES7 into Sonar.

How do I get the tracks to stay synced up? I'm assuming I need to run a Midi cable from the Motif into my DAW, but other then that I'm not too sure. (Will the Motif start playing when I press record, or do I control Sonar from the Motif or what...)

We needed to record three songs the other day and didnt have the time to sit down and try and figure it out. I want to be ready for next time, becasue now I have to go back in and line up the tracks. (It's not that big of a deal, because theres only 3 songs at 4-6 tracks per song.) But I dont want to have to do that again.
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Nut

You could use MTC to trigger the motif.
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Maniac

I leafed through the Motif manual and read a little about MTC but didnt see much info.

I'm not familiar. How is it used and how do I set it up? Do I need two midi cables for in and out?
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

you would have to set the motif to slave to the computer. connect a midi cable out from the computer in to the motif. i'm not familiar with sonar but you should have to send midi clock from sonar. probably push play on the motif and it should be in stand by mode. start the comp and it should sync.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search