The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How long in the game?
Old 27th January 2007
Deleted #27375
How long in the game?

How old was everyone when they started out producing or making beats? And how long have you all be doing this for?
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

11 or 12 years.
Old 27th January 2007
Here for the gear

8 years
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

Long enough to know better..... Short enough to still do it!
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

Got my first check in 1983.

Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

i've been an emcee for 12 years now..been banging out beats since like 98...i've been heavily into the engineering for about 6 years now
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

did my first rap show in 92..writing and performing ever since.

been engineering only for the last 4 years or so.
Old 1st February 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucab617 View Post
How old was everyone when they started out producing or making beats? And how long have you all be doing this for?
Let's see, hmh, I guess it all began on the Amiga500 with the SoundTracker, although it was more like playing (fooling) around. Just needed some loops to rap on I don't remember the exact date, must be somewhere in the Mid-Late 80ies.

I'm almost 35 now, so yeah I guess I was about 13 maybe?

But I really started off in the early 90ies I bought equipment with friends and I'm still on it

Old 1st February 2007
Lives for gear

a decade. But I don't make rap music anymore...so I'm sort of not in the "Game"...i'll never leave the music business though.
Old 1st February 2007
Lives for gear

messing with beats since '96, professional since '02
Old 1st February 2007
Lives for gear

I'm make Beats since i was 12 years old (now I'm 16 ,pretty young but I definitely know what I do ).
Hiphop Fan since day one for real.

I started the whole stuff on a PSR-280 ,i love that crappy thing.
Old 1st February 2007
EYE
Here for the gear

I started writing lyrics in 1984 and in 1987 I started creating my own beats. Until 1998 all the mixing was done by the engineer that ran the studio we recorded in. In 1999, after the studio closed shop, I got into recording and mixing, but only in my spare time. Although my history goes back quite a bit I'd still consider myself a newbie/noob when it comes to recording and mixing.The only time I've got to experiment and practice my skills is when the kids are asleep and even then I found out my wife really likes me to be around her, instead of me beeing in my "studio" constantly (not complaining here, just stating facts)
Old 2nd February 2007
Gear Addict

Started "trying" to make music in 1987... Went to college for audio/video in 1993... In all of my years I've dabbled with writing, producing, engineering, editing and performing....
I've been recording "professionally" for 9 years....
Mudnoc "The Mad Engineer"

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search