The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A good plugin for sub bass?
Old 17th January 2016
Lives for gear

A good plugin for sub bass?

I have been liking a lot of the sub baselines in some of the modern trap style rap.

I know that most synths can produce sub bass but is there any standard that's popular right now and is being used a lot in commercial releases?

Any tips for mixing sub bass to sound similar to the current trend?

Thanks.
Old 17th January 2016
Lives for gear

Some advice on the mixing side of things is to make sure you know your speakers/room. Mixing sub is incredibly tricky sometimes. I know my speakers pretty well but always bring it out to my car to check what my subs are doing.
Yes, I could always mix with a sub, but prefer not too.
Good luck!
Old 17th January 2016
Here for the gear

Use tuned 808 samples with heavy saturation.
Old 18th January 2016
Gear Addict

The Rob Papen Sub Boom Bass is pretty good.

Rob Papen SubBoomBass virtual synthesizer
Old 18th January 2016
Lives for gear

I've been using Monark a lot lately for sub bass.
Old 20th January 2016
Here for the gear

Sylenth and massive
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

Max bass. duplicate the channel. Filter down the ultra low sub using the extra low preset. On the duplicate pull out the high mid using the "boom box preset" tweak each to taste and frequency range. max sure the "maxxbass tab" is selected. Not audio or original bass.
Sometime i add a bit of distortion or saturation to the mid duplicate. Mix to taste.
Now your sub should be present when you are listening on small drivers and also be there when you are listening with proper subs.
Also... give your subhead room on the mix buss. It does the most damage when its not gained properly.
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoPMiX View Post
Max bass. duplicate the channel. Filter down the ultra low sub using the extra low preset. On the duplicate pull out the high mid using the "boom box preset" tweak each to taste and frequency range. max sure the "maxxbass tab" is selected. Not audio or original bass.
Sometime i add a bit of distortion or saturation to the mid duplicate. Mix to taste.
Now your sub should be present when you are listening on small drivers and also be there when you are listening with proper subs.
Also... give your subhead room on the mix buss. It does the most damage when its not gained properly.
Cool tip. Are you removing the ultra low sub freq from the orig and then adding it, along w/ boom box preset, to the dup? Thanks.
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Nut

FAW Sublab for me. I use it to create all my 808s.
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
I've been using Monark a lot lately for sub bass.
And (OG) Massive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Music View Post
Some advice on the mixing side of things is to make sure you know your speakers/room. Mixing sub is incredibly tricky sometimes. I know my speakers pretty well but always bring it out to my car to check what my subs are doing.
Yes, I could always mix with a sub, but prefer not too.
Good luck!
I'm on a pair of Alesis MK2, so I'm hearing nothing below 45Hz. Alternative references are more than a necessity for me.
Old 5th February 2020
Gear Nut

Tons of ways to process subs but I do find this plug really useful:

Boz Digital's Sasquatch
https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/produ...ick-machine-2/
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search