The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
sm7 vs sm7b..... ???
Old 25th January 2007
sm7 vs sm7b..... ???

whats the difference of these two mics?? i've search through the forum.. but it gets more confusing as i keep reading... I'm buying one this week.... finally.... I appreciate the help.

thanks and god bless.
Old 25th January 2007
Lives for gear

just shielding. people are using mics near computer monitors and such more nowadays, so more rf shielding, sonically supposed to be the same. i love my sm7b!!
Old 25th January 2007
Lives for gear

I own an SM7b and love it. I heard they did something to improve the bracket on the 'b', but I don't know that for sure
Old 25th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrif08 View Post
I own an SM7b and love it. I heard they did something to improve the bracket on the 'b', but I don't know that for sure
There were a couple of things besides shielding..

the obvious is that the sm7b's were manufactured in mexico and the sm7 were made in the US.

These mics in general need allot of gain. I think allot of people state that sm7's were better but had a noise problem in them that was corrected in the sm7b.

For the quality i would stick with the sm7b. u can get them for 300 where Ive seen the sm7 go for 6..

Either way with a monster pre and sqaushing the hell out of it.. it sounds effen amazing on scream vocals and kick drums
Old 26th January 2007
thanks for the help... i will run it through a chandler ltd1... hopefully it gives me the sound im looking for... thanks again

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search