The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dr. Dr On XL9000K, & Diddy On 88R!
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

Dr. Dr On XL9000K, & Diddy On 88R!

Even though the 'world' seems to have converted to Pro Tools HD apparently 'Diddy' has been grinding with an AMS Neve 88R at Sony Music Studios, & Dr. Dre has been doing the same but at Ocean Way/Record One on an SSL XL9000K. I was touting these two consoles several years ago. Hence the people that still maintain large budgets are still using these behemoth consoles. If record budgets expand again so will we see a return to analogue.

Rob G..
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

uhh...... I was just using the 88R room yesterday at sony, and Diddy was nowhere in sight sorry.... The 88R room at Sony isn't a popular hip-hop room at all, I haven't seen puffy at sony in a VERY long time.

I think your confusing it with his Neve VR room at "daddy's house" studio.

And um, even if he was using the 88R, he'd still be using the HD pro tools rig as well.

Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

soundeq,

Of course you hav'nt seen 'Diddy'. The 'Push Play' albums already out. Dude, you're 8 to 12 months behind.

Rob G..
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

The last 3 major label rap budgets we were involved in r about at $500k / per album. The $ r there. Many rap artists still mix on SSL & Neve's

it's a choice of the folks not wanting to spend the extra $100k on A or B room when PT HD mix in ur own treated room sounds good enough and sounds great after mastering. And pocket the extra $100k & lump that with ur excess $ from ur video budget and u got that new crib.
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

jlotto,

You can be sure that anything 'Diddy', or 'Dr. Dre' work on has a budget over 500K. I'm talking a 'mil', or there abouts.

Rob G..
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

So I'm 8-12 months behind huh? jeez where have I beenz???...
Apparently I'm "not in the loop" anymore. how does life go on?

no offence this a pretty silly thread... (even artists that don't have MILL budgets mix on SSL's an Neve's)
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
jlotto,

You can be sure that anything 'Diddy', or 'Dr. Dre' work on has a budget over 500K. I'm talking a 'mil', or there abouts.

Rob G..
my point was u dont need a super behemoth of a budget (like 1 mil) to still mix with ssl or neve consoles
Old 24th January 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeq View Post
no offence this a pretty silly thread... (even artists that don't have MILL budgets mix on SSL's an Neve's)
Agreed...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search