The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tony: how to get MPC/Synth into Pro-Tools
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear Head

Tony: how to get MPC/Synth into Pro-Tools

I need to get from 12 to 24 tracks (MPC and Synths) into Pro Tools. Wich is the best way? I want it to sound great, but without really letting off 1 G US for a channel. I know like about the Avalon U5, but for 24 channels this would be damn pricey. What would you suggest?
Sorry, wrong forum, please ignore, moderator, feel free toerase this thread. Again, sorry

Last edited by Gumption; 23rd January 2007 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: wrong forum
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear Head

How to get mpc, synths into pro tools

I need some suggestions, what would be the best way to get an MPC and some synth sounds, lets say 20 tracks, into Pro Tools? Avalon U5 would be way too expensive for that much channels.
Old 23rd January 2007
Lives for gear

How many channels are you trying to do simultaneously? Two should be enough I would think...
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear Head

No, i always track stuff in one pass. I usually book a studio, but, just for the tracking of the mpc/synths, i want to be able to do it at my place. So two channels won't cut it, i need at least 16.
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Addict

You can look at the Focusrite ISA-428. It has four channels and you can find them used for about $1,200. It was originally designed by Rupert Neve in the 80s. Presonus has some great 8 channel pres for the money. I'd get the focusrite though.
Old 24th January 2007

The cheapest way with a good sound?

Desk Doctor DI Active.... 24 channels of DI for your keyboards for $2500.

There are a lot of big name producers using that unit.

We sell them, but they are built to order by DD.
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Head

Tony, this sounds perfect. Do you deliver to europe, i might just get it from you. Thanx
Old 24th January 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumption View Post
Tony, this sounds perfect. Do you deliver to europe, i might just get it from you. Thanx
Yes, no problem..
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

If u dont mind me askin, why do u need do many channels at 1 time? I have an MPC 2XL w/ 8 outs and an ASR-X W 8 outs and thats 16, it seem like i do an average of 12 at once, do u have 3 MPC?
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
If u dont mind me askin, why do u need do many channels at 1 time? I have an MPC 2XL w/ 8 outs and an ASR-X W 8 outs and thats 16, it seem like i do an average of 12 at once, do u have 3 MPC?
MPC = 10 channels (i know some people don't like the individual outs, to me they sound ok.)
For just one synth sound i might stack 3 stereo sounds, or more, all of wich i track individualy, so i have more options for the mix.
That's at least 16 already, now count synthbass (if it's not live bass), one two lead sounds (maybe mono, but stacked again). It's really easy to reach 24 tracks. But i don't make samplebased hip hop beats, in wich case i guess you might get through with 12 channels.
Old 25th January 2007
Gear Addict

Here's Another Cool Product to check out.

http://www.sigt.com/Synth_Driver_Poster_Plus.shtml

Similar to the DI that was mentioned above.
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumption View Post
MPC = 10 channels (i know some people don't like the individual outs, to me they sound ok.)
For just one synth sound i might stack 3 stereo sounds, or more, all of wich i track individualy, so i have more options for the mix.
That's at least 16 already, now count synthbass (if it's not live bass), one two lead sounds (maybe mono, but stacked again). It's really easy to reach 24 tracks. But i don't make samplebased hip hop beats, in wich case i guess you might get through with 12 channels.
cool, i feel ya, i dont make sample based music either but i use the rosetta to go back and add things after i track the skeleton of the track

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search