The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
just so you dont get me wrong
Old 22nd January 2007
Gear Addict

just so you dont get me wrong

At age 5 in 1987 I move to New york (BX) from (KIN) Jamaica I heard hip hop for the first time playing on 98.7 KISS FM. I fell in love with it because it gave me the same type felling Dance Hall reggae did back home in jamaica. I wanted to be apart of it lucky for me I had a uncle who was a hip hop DJ at the time and took me under his wings and it was on from there. when I was old enough I got a job save up two grand to buy my startup studio we all know that two grand in mid 90't thought can buy you the best of anything. I bought a MPC 2000, roland VS 880 and shore SM58 they where all used but it was cool for the money I had. Buying this startup studio thought me something valuable how to make the best out of what I got (HIPHOP MUSIC) because at the end of the day it's the music we care about not what we use to record it. I hear that when hiphop first started out no one could afford a band to make the music they wanted so they used two turntable to mix break beets back and forth while the MC Rap over that no budget but priceless emotion recored. Now in 2007 I got two nice studios but I had to start from some where. The reason I wrote this is for anyone who is starting up on a tight budget buy what you can afford spill your hart in to the music and the rest will follow. Keep you music creative to keep hiphop alive no need to follow every trend remember where hiphop came from creative people we need to respect them and keep it the same. peace
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumG View Post
so they used two turntable to mix break beets back and forth
Dont forget cassette decks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search