The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
External sound module sequencing problem
Old 20th January 2007
Here for the gear

External sound module sequencing problem

I'm new to MIDI and DAW sequencing. It seems to me that most articles I read and most tutorial videos I watch focus on MIDI routed internaly either from a plug-in or other software instrument but completely leave out external synthesizers and sound modules. People like me have no where to turn to. I was mainly sequencing on a Yamaha Motif ES 8 until I got bored of all the sounds and expanded my studio. My gear list now consists of a Motif, Roland Fantom XR (which has the most awsome sounds!), an Alesis ION, a Korg MS200B, and a Minimoog Voyager. I wan't to be able to get all of my sounds on 1 song. For example, drums from my Fantom XR, strings from my Motif, vocoder from my ION, arpegios from my Korg, and bass/lead sounds from my Moog. I am having major issues hooking up my Fantom and Motif as MIDI to my DAW. I work with Pro Tools and Logic Pro (which is like learning Chinese) and would greately appreciate some step-by-step help on how to properly set up my studio. Thus far, I know that I have to put my Fatom XR in performance mode so I can access its 16 patches at a time, but I seem to be getting layered sounds as apposed to 16 different sounds individually. This is bogging down my creative flow and would love some input from you guys on how it's to be done. Thank you! Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Old 20th January 2007
AON
Gear Addict

Read your manuals! And get a midi interface.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search