The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How music Became a Career!
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Head

How music Became a Career!

Hey Peoples!

Here's a Few Questions for the Guys in here who can say Music Production and Engineering are their Careers:

1. Can you describe your journey from mere Hobbyist to Established Producer/sound Engineer?

2. How Long did your journey take?

3. Now You're in the Music Biz, what would your advice be for anyone trying to get into the Game?

Thanks for any insight!
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

It takes 10 years to blow up overnight
so dont quit yer day job, noob
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch333 View Post

To the poster don't let inexperienced, arrogant, know it all attitudes get in your way. And I'd like to apologize on behalf of all the good people who part take in gearslutz. Not all of us have this arrogant attitude.

Attitude is everything in this business. You never know when your break will happen so the only thing you can do is prepare for it. Also, the better your attitude the more opportunities you'll get....It's comments like Stitch posted that get you no where fast in this biz....

Most of the pro's I work with all have one similar trait:

They HAVE TO KNOW how! The reason they are so successful is cause they had to know how it's done....And won't stop till it's done right.....
Old 19th January 2007
LCD
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch333 View Post
beat it, kiddo...
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

good luck in your pursuits, we're all on the same path.

And stop calling it a "game." It's far from it. Entertainment is a dirty, filthy, backstabbing, hypocritical, self-degrading, and sometimes rewarding BUSINESS.

Keep your integrity intact, and your PRIDE in check.

You better believe that pompous sh*t talkers (MANY posters on this forum) will get nowhere fast. It's about personality, as the poster above stated. So work on your social skills, as much as you do your engineering/production. And I wish you the best of fortune.

-Nestor
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search