The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TR8XL or Blue Sky Media Desk 2.1?
Old 17th January 2007
Lives for gear

TR8XL or Blue Sky Media Desk 2.1?

So, I had a pair of TR8XL monitors and I liked them a lot but one of the amps busted a few months back. I now have money to purchase a new speaker but am unsure if I should buy a single TR8XL or just buy Blue Sky Media Desk monitors. I would like to just buy a single TR8XL but I don't want my other one to decide to die out on me later on and have to replace it later on. A replacement amp plus repair costs and shipping will cost nearly as much as a brand new speaker so that is kind of out of the question at this point. Will I notice a huge difference between the two monitors? I don't have a place where I can do a hearing test.
Old 17th January 2007

I would get the Media Desk.
Old 17th January 2007
Agreed.

I hear nothing but good feedback about this sytem.

A little bright on the highs but they translate well across the frequencies.
Old 17th January 2007
Lives for gear

i have the media desk and its pretty good. im hearing things i never heard with my m-audio monitors....
Old 17th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian! View Post
So, I had a pair of TR8XL monitors and I liked them a lot but one of the amps busted a few months back. I now have money to purchase a new speaker but am unsure if I should buy a single TR8XL or just buy Blue Sky Media Desk monitors. I would like to just buy a single TR8XL but I don't want my other one to decide to die out on me later on and have to replace it later on. A replacement amp plus repair costs and shipping will cost nearly as much as a brand new speaker so that is kind of out of the question at this point. Will I notice a huge difference between the two monitors? I don't have a place where I can do a hearing test.
You can't go wrong either way, the events are great speakers, but you would want a pair and if you can only get one, i'd get the blue sky..Why are those the only two options tho?
Old 17th January 2007
Lives for gear

Neve heard the tr8xl but I dig my blue skys!
Old 18th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx View Post
You can't go wrong either way, the events are great speakers, but you would want a pair and if you can only get one, i'd get the blue sky..Why are those the only two options tho?
i already have a functioning event and the speakers aren't paired (afaik) so i would only need one. i guess they aren't really the only two options but ive checked up on other monitors in the price range and the blue skys always came up highly recommended
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

I personally like the event's, its a matter of taste though, neva cared for the smaller blue sky's(the sound small if that makes sense), but thats just me. I think you should try to listen to both pairs, and if you can't, hmm...keep getting ppls opinions, lol, but i think either way you will be happy...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search