The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MIDI problem... broken interface?
Old 14th January 2007
Lives for gear

MIDI problem... broken interface?

Whats up slutz?

I'm having a good ole MIDI problem... I just moved to a new spot and picked up a MacBook Pro and I have all my gear hooked up (Triton Extreme, MoPhatt, and MPC 2500)... The Triton is hooked up through USB (because the MIDI ports on it stopped working one day) and the MoPhatt and MPC hooked up to a MIDISport 4x4 MIDI interface. I had to download the new driver for the MIDISport to be compatible with the MacBook Pro but I'm having trouble. I have everything hooked up correctly but whenever I record arm the designated MIDI track it doesn't trigger anything. The "In" light doesn't light up on the MIDISport when I pound on the pads. I opened a session with midi already in it, and it DOES spit MIDI out, but it's not receiving anything. I've tried using different ins and outs on the interface and on the mpc, but nada. I went into AMS (which quits unexpectedly quite often) and double clicked on the interface to bring up its info, and whenever I click on "Ports", AMS unexpectedly quits. Are the "Ins" on the interface busted???

Old 14th January 2007
Lives for gear

Ok the plot thickens.

I went out today and picked up a brand new MIDISport 2x2 and hooked it up and am having the same problem with that... And then my Triton, which is hooked up through USB stopped working! I was just messing with it yesterday and it was working fine, today I turn it on and open up a template, and all I got was white noise on the stereo aux, shut the session off, reopened it and now the Triton doesn't work either?! It's getting to the point where I might sell all my stuff and pick up a crack habit or something.

I had all this up and running before I moved here, and the only addition was a new macbook pro....... has anybody else had issues with these??

Any help would be appreciated... thanks
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

There's a few MIDI diagnostic pieces of hardware than can really let you know whats going in and out of your gear. Try googling around for a few of them. In a midi-heavy studio, they are invaluable for figuring out what's happening vs what SHOULD be happening.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search