The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hey Tommy, tuning your kit?
Old 25th October 2009
Lives for gear

Hey Tommy, tuning your kit?

How do you like your kit tuned? Any preferences and combinations? Or is it more of an "it's not in the skin, but it's in the way I batter the hell out of them" affair? I know it's only rock'n'roll, but I like to wonder

Very cool of you doing this Q&A by the way. Thanks.

B.
Old 25th October 2009
special guest

I just tweak them up till they sound good, but I usually have to adjust the lugs closest to the impact point after I couple of takes because of the beatings..
Old 25th October 2009
Lives for gear

I can imagine! You must be going through a lot of body builder's supplements every morning man. Powers to you

So you don't always rely on the typical metal drumming trick of ddrum triggering I assume. It always strikes me how your toms sound in relation to the rest of the music in songs every time I hear you play in a record. Do you pay attention to tuning them to certain notes from song to song at all?

Many thanks again.

B.
Old 2nd November 2009
special guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barish View Post
I can imagine! You must be going through a lot of body builder's supplements every morning man. Powers to you

So you don't always rely on the typical metal drumming trick of ddrum triggering I assume. It always strikes me how your toms sound in relation to the rest of the music in songs every time I hear you play in a record. Do you pay attention to tuning them to certain notes from song to song at all?

Many thanks again.

B.

Hey Buddy!....yeah i try to tune to the track for toms and kik drum!...and NO i dont record with triggers....Live only for reinforcement!
Tommy
Old 2nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Thanks man, you're the best in what you do thumbsup

Rock on.

B.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search