The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slipperman how about shaping of the bass guitar
Old 12th March 2003
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally posted by da5idfox
Couldn't agree more. I guess if your bass player is slapping, you might want to use a P or Jazz or Musicman, but Ric 4003s & 4001s do everything I need. People seem to have this idea that Rics always have to sound like Chris Squire on Roundabout, but I find them quite flexible. Not a "one-trick pony" at all.
Personally, I don't ever, ever, ever, want to hear slapping, and I can't stand Yes, so that's not really factoring into my situation. My opinion comes from recording them on a number of occasions.

For classic rock, they're great. But for R'n'B, for example, you'll most likely find yourself trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Can you make it work if you have to? Of course, but I'd rather not fight stuff if I can avoid it.

All just opinion, of course. If it's working for you, that's the only real requirement.
Loading mentioned products ...
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search