The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
audiophile hifi vs pro audio world
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

audiophile hifi vs pro audio world

Tim,

Your products seem to find their way as easy into recording studios as in audiophile homes.

Which are the more demanding clients : audiophile home users or high end recording studios and why ?
Old 8th March 2003
Gear Head

Pro vs Home Hi Fi

The Pro market is very fussy but usually know their requirements so I understand their thinking a bit easier.
The home people are often a load of possuers. Fashion victims more like. I mean the snake oil pevades everywhere. 10,000 dollar speaker cables. So I just try to provide real technology and reliability rather than rip off people so that I can say that I have seen a lot of competitors come and go of 30 years. So stay small and survive.
The way a lot of the audiophiles talk about the sound of the music never cease to amaze me when lots of records have been recorded through bad electronics like many mixing consols of the 70's were full of 741 op amps and Dolby SR is also full of the slowest non audiophile op amps. Dolby A were pretty non destructive especially the old 361.
Tim de P
Old 8th March 2003
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search