The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Groovebox??
Old 23rd May 2007
Gear addict

Groovebox??

Hey tchad. How are you doing?
So this friend of mine said that the percussion -type loop on the front of "rest of the day off" by Neil Finn was made with a roland groovebox...It sounds really heavily filtered (env follower??) though and cool. It also pops up on some other stuff you'd done (stina) and i was wondering if indeed it is a groovebox (303) and how do you get the warbly filter sound thing going on. Thanks a bunch. Justyn
Old 23rd May 2007
mongrell mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justynfromnz View Post
Hey tchad. How are you doing?
So this friend of mine said that the percussion -type loop on the front of "rest of the day off" by Neil Finn was made with a roland groovebox...It sounds really heavily filtered (env follower??) though and cool. It also pops up on some other stuff you'd done (stina) and i was wondering if indeed it is a groovebox (303) and how do you get the warbly filter sound thing going on. Thanks a bunch. Justyn

I think the drum machine used was a Godwin, bought in NZ at Buffalo Bill's in Auckland. I still have it and it''s a wonderful chord and drum box.
It was sent to a DOD (blue) pedal analog delay which I then ran through a pedal called the 'Talkbox'. Don't remember the brand. Digitech??? Any old analog drum machine will do with that type of delay and auto wah FX.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search