The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixing OVO
Old 22nd May 2007
Gear Maniac

Mixing OVO

As you have so patiently ansvered all my questions so far!!
I have another one about you being credited on Peter Gabriels OVO, along with Dave Bottrill and Richard Evans on Downside Up and Make Tommorow!.
And the question is....How does that work!?, 3 guys mixing one song!?, are you all working at the same time, or are each working on a section like drums and bass, gtr and keys and vocals... or did you all make a mix and comepared strength´s in each mix... ??
I just LOVE those 2 songs!, best 2 songs on the album(well and The Tower That Ate People too hehe).
But howd you guys do it/make it work so well!?

Old 23rd May 2007
mongrell mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortenDK View Post
As you have so patiently ansvered all my questions so far!!
I have another one about you being credited on Peter Gabriels OVO, along with Dave Bottrill and Richard Evans on Downside Up and Make Tommorow!.
And the question is....How does that work!?, 3 guys mixing one song!?, are you all working at the same time, or are each working on a section like drums and bass, gtr and keys and vocals... or did you all make a mix and comepared strength´s in each mix... ??
I just LOVE those 2 songs!, best 2 songs on the album(well and The Tower That Ate People too hehe).
But howd you guys do it/make it work so well!?

Those tunes were mixed over a period of years with all the listed mixers and we all just picked up where the other left off. We weren't all in the studio at the same time although Richard was there when I was doing the final stage.
I suppose it works because we all like each other, and love Peter.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search