The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ahuja PA
Old 30th April 2007
  #1
Gear interested
 

Thread Starter
Ahuja PA

Hi Tchad,
its always great to hear you.
I wonder why nobody asked about the famous Ahuja-PA?
Do you still use it ?
Thanks for your effort.
Karsten
Old 2nd May 2007
  #2
mongrell mixer
 
tchadb's Avatar
 

Ahuja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardoso View Post
Hi Tchad,
its always great to hear you.
I wonder why nobody asked about the famous Ahuja-PA?
Do you still use it ?
Thanks for your effort.
Karsten
Yes, why don't they!!!???
The Ahuja, a studio marvel I will never relinquish. An inspiration to all who gaze upon it.
One of my top 5 best investments.
I kid you not.
Old 2nd May 2007
  #3
Gear nut
 
Local 47's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchad blake View Post
Yes, why don't they!!!???
The Ahuja, a studio marvel I will never relinquish. An inspiration to all who gaze upon it.
One of my top 5 best investments.
I kid you not.
Well then, here they are: care to elaborate on this Ahuja PA? What is it? A full range 3-way system? Or more like a midrangey horn?
What do you use it for?
Thx, D
Old 2nd May 2007
  #4
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchad blake View Post
Yes, why don't they!!!???
The Ahuja, a studio marvel I will never relinquish. An inspiration to all who gaze upon it.
One of my top 5 best investments.
I kid you not.
...OK so I'll be the fool asking what the Ahuja PA is and how you use it



Thanks!
Old 2nd May 2007
  #5
Gear maniac
 
toomanyorgans's Avatar
 

pa/investments

thats the PA you aquired in india i've heard mention of before? how cool.... could you point to a specifc track or part that highlights the sound of it. i suspsect its all over the place...

and of course.... what are the other top 4 investments????

(what an Indian PA system is not enough for you? heh )
Old 2nd May 2007
  #6
Lives for gear
 

What kind of investment are we talking about? I'm thinking of getting a small PA just to use for effecting already recorded performances...but my budget is cheap!
I think I'll just ebay until something interesting pops up.
Old 3rd May 2007
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 

I think that Audioease's Speakerphone plug-in should sample an Ahuja!

- c
Old 3rd May 2007
  #8
Old 3rd May 2007
  #9
Gear Maniac
 
leigh's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recall View Post
I'm thinking of getting a small PA just to use for effecting already recorded performances...but my budget is cheap!
Looking for something cheap? Great, find some old crappy speakers, from old console stereos, TVs, surplus stores, whatever. Hook them up to any available home stereo amp. If the results aren't funky enough, stab holes in the speakers, or seperate bits of the edge of the cone. The Ahuja vibe is probably closer to a PA horn - like an industrial PA (used in high schools, prisons, etc) not the pro sound variety.

Leigh
Old 3rd May 2007
  #10
mongrell mixer
 
tchadb's Avatar
 

Ahuja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local 47 View Post
Well then, here they are: care to elaborate on this Ahuja PA? What is it? A full range 3-way system? Or more like a midrangey horn?
What do you use it for?
Thx, D
The Ahuja is a small, inexpensive P.A. system from new Delhi, India. The model I bought has an 18" 50 watt horn driven by a three mic input amp head (watts??) with built-in cassette deck. I also got their analog delay and three Ahuja 58 style mics. All for about $150.00 new, fifteen years ago.
I've used it a lot. Suzanne Vega 99.9-vocal in the bridges, Waits carnival barking on Bone Machine (or was it Black Rider?) and lots more with Tom, Peter Gabriel UP/strings on Signal To Noise, and more recently Paul Simon vocal/verse 2/ 'Sure Don't Feel like Love'/on Suprise. Just a sampling.
Any Radio Shack will do, it's just Ahuja conjers up more exotic imagry.
Old 3rd May 2007
  #11
mongrell mixer
 
tchadb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanyorgans View Post
thats the PA you aquired in india i've heard mention of before? how cool.... could you point to a specifc track or part that highlights the sound of it. i suspsect its all over the place...

and of course.... what are the other top 4 investments????

(what an Indian PA system is not enough for you? heh )
Investments on the gear front that paid off with usage in no particular order:
Spectrasonics 610, $75.00ea.
Sans Amp (Classic), $225.00
Casio SK-1 keyboard, $50.00
DOD analog delay stomp box, $50.00
Ahuja PA, $150.00
Old 3rd May 2007
  #12
mongrell mixer
 
tchadb's Avatar
 

Ahuja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I think that Audioease's Speakerphone plug-in should sample an Ahuja!

- c
I hope to get time to do some IRs of my gear later this year for Speakerphone.
Old 3rd May 2007
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchad blake View Post
I hope to get time to do some IRs of my gear later this year for Speakerphone.
Please do!

-- Chad
Old 5th May 2007
  #14
mpr
Lives for gear
 
mpr's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchad blake View Post
I hope to get time to do some IRs of my gear later this year for Speakerphone.
excellent!
Old 20th May 2007
  #15
Gear nut
 
Local 47's Avatar
 

Tchad,
what's so special about the casio? Can you give an example where it can be heard? Thank You.Doug
Old 21st May 2007
  #16
mongrell mixer
 
tchadb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local 47 View Post
Tchad,
what's so special about the casio? Can you give an example where it can be heard? Thank You.Doug

It's has a very lo fi sampler that loops. You can sing or play directly into it and it just has a wonderful sound.
Can't think of anything specific just now but I've used it a lot. I'll try to remember.
Old 22nd May 2007
  #17
Gear Maniac
 
MortenDK's Avatar
 

Which of the Ahuja´s do you own!, the round or the square version!?
Old 22nd May 2007
  #18
mongrell mixer
 
tchadb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortenDK View Post
Which of the Ahuja´s do you own!, the round or the square version!?

RoundandRound.
Loading mentioned products ...
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump