The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soul Touching Performances
Old 31st January 2014
Gear Addict

Soul Touching Performances

Hello!

First, its a privilege to Q and A with you!!

Second, what are some of the most emotional and / or soul touching performances you've seen throughout your journey as a producer?
Old 5th March 2014
Radiant Being

Well, it depends on what type of "soul touching" we are talking about. A Berkeley band named Nevercore hit me in the gut with singer Obadiah Bowling's tirade against the 9/11 bombers... "Die Motha****ahhhhhs".... this guy screamed it from his soul, he was there, a serviceman who fought in Afghanistan. He meant it.

Another group named Animal Alpha from Norway made my blood go cold with their "Death Waltz". Singer Agnete is a beauty with a soft sweet voice of an angel, which in a turn of emotion can rip open your heart. True art of sound. Here is a photo of that otherwordly creature:

Soul Touching Performances-01agfish1.jpg

And of course Johnny Cash laid his soul bare with his vocals on "Unchained". I am still choked up when I listen to the title song on the album.

I admire any singer who is brave enough to step in front of a microphone. You are standing there naked, exposed. If the lyrics are your own, the world will be judging you by your words and performance. Fingers play a guitar. Your mind and emotions play your voice instrument.
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search