The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The vocal chain from your book
Old 18th July 2016
Ion wrangler

The vocal chain from your book

Sylvia, LOVING your book! I actually bought an extra copy to give to my mix engineer because i didn't want him borrowing mine and never giving it back.

I appreciate you actually giving people a go- to vocal chain that usually works for you. I found your approach very sensible and compelling and I'm just curious about how to best apply that to my setup.

I have a couple of good LDC mics (and you've got me very close to buying a Mojave M200, I assure you) into a Vintech X73 and then I usually go into an Altec 4360that has been modded by Bryce Gonzales- so that's my vari mu, but I also have a Distressor and I'm wondering how you would utilize that? Would you set it to emulate an 1176? Fast attack, high compression ratio, but set to just catch the loud bits?

Thanks!
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search