The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Listening levels?
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

Listening levels?

Hi Tony,

when you were demonstrating your plugins I noticed that the volume was fairly low. Certainly not in the range of 83 db or whatever standard is used. Was that a special situation for this demonstration or is this a typical volume?

Thank you
Hannes
Old 12th March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes_F View Post
Hi Tony,

when you were demonstrating your plugins I noticed that the volume was fairly low. Certainly not in the range of 83 db or whatever standard is used. Was that a special situation for this demonstration or is this a typical volume?

Thank you
Hannes
Hey Hannes,
I listen at a variety of levels actually. Depending on the music and genre I'm working in. If it's something where the audience will be listening loud in their car or a club, I definitely have to listen loud to make sure everything will be heard. If it's a rock/indie thing, I have to make sure the track is energetic at all listening levels ect...

I do try to listen at a low volume for most of my work day, so my ears don't get fatigued quickly. I have to admit, when I need to get hyped, I'll turn it up.

thanks
t
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search