The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tony's Monitor System
Old 6th March 2009
Lives for gear

Smile Tony's Monitor System

Hi Tony, thanks for your time and for sharing your knowledge!

What is your Monitor system and how is the setup ? and do you listen during mixing thru any specialized stereo converter? I mean a DAC?

Thanks!
Old 8th March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL View Post
Hi Tony, thanks for your time and for sharing your knowledge!

What is your Monitor system and how is the setup ? and do you listen during mixing thru any specialized stereo converter? I mean a DAC?

Thanks!
Hey Amiel,
I use Bryston 4B powering my ProAc Studio 100 and Tannoy System 1200's. The Cranesong Avocet is my monitor switcher. I also listen to my small computer speakers and I have a pair of audiophile speakers called Snell that I power with an old Perreaux.

I can play digitally from tools through the Avocet into one of the three digital ins.

I use a Big Ben clock and the Lavry 4496 to convert my mix from the digital domain.

Is that an answer?
t
Old 8th March 2009
Lives for gear

Hey Tony,

What small computer speakers are you using?

Thanks...
Old 8th March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi View Post
Hey Tony,

What small computer speakers are you using?

Thanks...

Hey Izzi,
Sorry, Don't know the exact brand. My girlfriend had them on her machine and I thought they sounded great for the indie rock stuff she was into so figured I'd try them out. Jus a simple system with 6v power wart on the wall. No sub or anything. In fact I've never used subs...

I wanted something that would be similar to what my audience might be using... In fact that's something I pay quite a lot of attention to. Finding monitoring systems to play my mixes on that mimic what my audience is using.

t
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search