The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
tracking from the control room- VOCALS
Old 5th March 2009
Lives for gear

tracking from the control room- VOCALS

Hey. Love your work. Christina Get mine you get yours was LOVELY.

Anyways, I am on a budget here and about to build my own studio. I dont think i have enough room for a big vocal booth so i was wondering what your thoughts were about tracking in the control room. Do you get alot of songs where someone used dynamics or even condensers in the CR? Is Mic bleed annoying? What about overdubbing in the CR?

Thanks!
Old 10th March 2009
This is a great question.

Have you ever requested that vocals are re tracked because of bleed problems?

I know some people recording can be paranoid about bleed and for that reason wont ever track in the control room.

But as you know - sometimes its the only way to get the best from a singer or sometimes it is just way the studio recording the vocals is set up..

Your thoughts / experiences with control room tracked vocals?

Do folks ever do last min vocals at your place? In the control room?

OK lots of questions..

Thanks thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thanks..
Old 12th March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkung View Post
Hey. Love your work. Christina Get mine you get yours was LOVELY.

Anyways, I am on a budget here and about to build my own studio. I dont think i have enough room for a big vocal booth so i was wondering what your thoughts were about tracking in the control room. Do you get alot of songs where someone used dynamics or even condensers in the CR? Is Mic bleed annoying? What about overdubbing in the CR?

Thanks!
Hey J,
I love tracking vocals in the control room. It's so much more intimate and easier to communicate and hear the subtleties of what the singer is doin. I like recording everything that way, if I can.

There is more and more material handed to me, these days, recorded in less the perfect sonic environment. As long as I'm able to eq and compress without changing the tamber of the vocalist. When I compress, I don't want to hear too much of the room from the mic.

Really, it's about the performance enhancement when the vocalist records in the control room or better yet, there isn't a control room.

t
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search