The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
As an Indie Producer, how do can i get someone like you to mix
Old 4th March 2009
Gear interested

As an Indie Producer, how do can i get someone like you to mix

Hi Tony,

As an indie producer, I was wondering if you can enlighten us on whether someone like you mixes indie records?

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

peace

--jake
Old 5th March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprpmp View Post
Hi Tony,

As an indie producer, I was wondering if you can enlighten us on whether someone like you mixes indie records?

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

peace

--jake

Dear Jake,
Interesting question and often asked. In fact, a close friend and client Craig Street said; I need to shift my perceived specialties in the business. I suggested a cooking show to help broaden my profile.

But seriously, I do lots of different things. Unfortunately, they're profile is low enough you don't really hear about them as much as the larger profile things I do.

I was very proud to work with Craig on Lizz Wright "The Orchard" record for Verve last year. I also completed mixing a 'self release' by artist Brandi Shearer, which hopefully will find it's way to distribution very soon. I'm currently co-producing and mentoring a young artist named Christian Arena to complete his first solo release.

Essentially, I have very stringent 'rates' that I must adhere to for everyone to keep things fair. Those rates only change when market conditions force them to; but all compensation is calculated by 1. up front fee, 2. back-end royalties offered, 3. time it will take to complete, 4. inspiration factor!

My manager fields inquiries from around the world, for a variety of genre's and budgets. She's great at getting to the bottom line of things. I always encourage prospective clients and artists to reach out to me with their material or emailing her with their business outlook/history. All of which are factored into decisions about what projects we work on.

Thanks for asking,
t
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search