The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
As an Indie Producer, how do can i get someone like you to mix
Old 4th March 2009
Gear interested

As an Indie Producer, how do can i get someone like you to mix

Hi Tony,

As an indie producer, I was wondering if you can enlighten us on whether someone like you mixes indie records?

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

peace

--jake
Old 5th March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprpmp View Post
Hi Tony,

As an indie producer, I was wondering if you can enlighten us on whether someone like you mixes indie records?

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

peace

--jake

Dear Jake,
Interesting question and often asked. In fact, a close friend and client Craig Street said; I need to shift my perceived specialties in the business. I suggested a cooking show to help broaden my profile.

But seriously, I do lots of different things. Unfortunately, they're profile is low enough you don't really hear about them as much as the larger profile things I do.

I was very proud to work with Craig on Lizz Wright "The Orchard" record for Verve last year. I also completed mixing a 'self release' by artist Brandi Shearer, which hopefully will find it's way to distribution very soon. I'm currently co-producing and mentoring a young artist named Christian Arena to complete his first solo release.

Essentially, I have very stringent 'rates' that I must adhere to for everyone to keep things fair. Those rates only change when market conditions force them to; but all compensation is calculated by 1. up front fee, 2. back-end royalties offered, 3. time it will take to complete, 4. inspiration factor!

My manager fields inquiries from around the world, for a variety of genre's and budgets. She's great at getting to the bottom line of things. I always encourage prospective clients and artists to reach out to me with their material or emailing her with their business outlook/history. All of which are factored into decisions about what projects we work on.

Thanks for asking,
t
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search