The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jason Mraz Vocal = Best compression i've ever heard!!
Old 3rd March 2009
Gear interested

Jason Mraz Vocal = Best compression i've ever heard!!

Hi, Tony!

Thanks for sharing & spending time here!
I'm amazed with Jason Mraz vocal sound. The compression effect sounds so unique.
i'm wondering what gears did u use for the vocal and what's the basic setting for that?
i read that you used Chandler TG-1, but it sounds like double heavy compression applied on the vocal. (maybe i'm wrong), but I'm wondering..
Did you use other compressor than TG-1 or did they apply heavy compression since the recording stage?
Many thanks for your share.. Respect!!

S
Old 5th March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mix4life View Post
Hi, Tony!

Thanks for sharing & spending time here!
I'm amazed with Jason Mraz vocal sound. The compression effect sounds so unique.
i'm wondering what gears did u use for the vocal and what's the basic setting for that?
i read that you used Chandler TG-1, but it sounds like double heavy compression applied on the vocal. (maybe i'm wrong), but I'm wondering..
Did you use other compressor than TG-1 or did they apply heavy compression since the recording stage?
Many thanks for your share.. Respect!!

S

Hey Mix,
Funny you should ask... In my previous post I only listed the Neve EQ and Chandler TG1. But I do remember using an 1176 on a buss to bring up some of the beathing and overall room noise. I find this gives it a bit of energy...

t
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search