The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Una Volta vs commercial rooms
Old 27th February 2009
Lives for gear

Una Volta vs commercial rooms

Hi Tony,

Great to have you here, dig your work.

How much of your work is done out of your own Una Volta studio ? Do you still work out of commercial rooms aswell ? Do your clients have an opinion about where and how you mix ?

And anything you can tell us about Una Volta (the gear, the gear ) is of course of interest.

Cheers,

Marcus
Old 28th February 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainreduction View Post
Hi Tony,

Great to have you here, dig your work.

How much of your work is done out of your own Una Volta studio ? Do you still work out of commercial rooms aswell ? Do your clients have an opinion about where and how you mix ?

And anything you can tell us about Una Volta (the gear, the gear ) is of course of interest.

Cheers,

Marcus

Hey Marcus,
I do 85% of my work outta Una Volta now. For the clients who insist on being with me, I'll even 'start' the mix here and find an appropriate room in 'their city' to bring it back up if necessary. The challenge is really finding a DAW as big as the one I'm using, but usually the rental companies can supply me with the extra's I need. I'll bring my iLok with and usually only takes me an afternoon to get up and running.

I use Chandler, Neve and Dangerous summing. ProAc and Tannoy speakers. Bryston amplification. SSL XLogic Rack EQ and Compression, as well as Chandler TG1, Imperical Labs Distressor, Alan Smart C2 compression, Thermonic Culture gear. Apogee and Lavry converters. I also use Monster Power, Power Conditioners and Balance Power boxes. Plus a few older pieces that I've gotten used to having around.

yikes, that's a mouthfull,
t
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search