The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your gear - ITB or OTB (In The Box or Out The Box?)
Old 27th February 2009
Gear Addict

Your gear - ITB with OTB (In The Box with Out The Box?)

Hi Tony.

Could you give us a run down of the gear you use please? Also your key "can't live without them" plug-ins.

You seem to work in a hybrid way with hardware inserts etc. How many inserts from Pro Tools do you have coming up to patch (and from what converters)? Do you further insert across the Neve Melbourn?

On your main website picture, photos section, what is the digital controller console just in front of the screen? (In one of the polaroids, with WILL I AM, this seems like it is extended - or is this another place?)

Do you miss working on a large format console or do you think that with your current set up you have the best of both worlds now?

Many thanks in advance,

David.
Old 1st March 2009
Lives for gear
+1

Your studio looks really interesting on the backdrop to the photo's page on your site.
Old 3rd March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.F. View Post
Hi Tony.

Could you give us a run down of the gear you use please? Also your key "can't live without them" plug-ins.

You seem to work in a hybrid way with hardware inserts etc. How many inserts from Pro Tools do you have coming up to patch (and from what converters)? Do you further insert across the Neve Melbourn?

On your main website picture, photos section, what is the digital controller console just in front of the screen? (In one of the polaroids, with WILL I AM, this seems like it is extended - or is this another place?)

Do you miss working on a large format console or do you think that with your current set up you have the best of both worlds now?

Many thanks in advance,

David.

Dear David,
Can I answer you in spurts? I'm a bit crazy trying to deliver several songs before the weekend.

My gear: Distressors, Alan Smart C2, Neve 33609/c, Chandler TG1, Pendulum Audio ES8, GML 8200, XLogic Rack with 4eq's 4 comps, UA 1176, Teletronics LA3a, 12chan Neve Melborne with 33114 eq's, Chandler Summing mixer, Dangerous 2bus, dbx 160x, MXR Flanger/Doubler, Lexicon PCM 70, Thermonic Culture Vulture, SPL Transient Designer, Imperical Labs Fatso, Digidesign Pro-Control, Apogee D/A 16x, Digidesign 192, Bryston 4B, ProAc Studio 100, Tannoy Sytem 1200, Monster Power, Lavry 4496, Crane Song Avocet, Yamaha Rev1, Ursa Major Space Sta, Waves MaxxBCL, Wurlitzer Pno, Vox AC50, John Hardy mic Pre's, Rolls ProMatch, RhythmAce

more to come...
t
Old 3rd March 2009
Gear Addict

Thanks Tony.
Old 3rd March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi Tony.

Many thanks in advance,

David.

aiight, let's talk plug-ins:
shiite man, there's lots to list here... Let's start with Waves cuz there my peeps now: SSL, API, RenEQ, C4, L3, L1, L2. McDSP: Filterbank E6, Analog Channel, ML4000. Eventide: Anthology II plugs are all used daily here! Here's one you may not know about, TC Electronics: VSS, Digital Vintage Reverb and NonLin Reverb.

hope that's somehow useful,
t
Old 5th March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi Tony.

Many thanks in advance,

David.
Oops, forgot to answer the above... The pict with Will is an old setup I had. Don't know if there's a shot of the new set up.... Same basic idea tho. Analog summing and controller for the Pro-tools...

I don't miss working on the large format consoles at all. My set up gets similar results because I'm summing analog, but I can work on several things in a day without taking all that time to 're-set' the room. Don't get me wrong, I dig workin on an SSL, and I love the sound of em, but I can automate more and tend to my clients faster the hybrid way...

t
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search