The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
studio moments
Old 27th February 2009
Gear Addict

studio moments

give us one example of an unforgettable moment in the studio, pls
Old 3rd March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus enochson View Post

Hey Marcus,
This is totally off the top of me head, cuz projects tend to run up against each other...

... being a second, second on while Whitney Houston sang in studio D at Sigma Sound Studios (tiny little room) with Michael Masser producing. He never erased anything so we'd spend all morning making as many 'slave' tapes as possible to be ready for the many many tracks he'd ask her to record. She'd sing one after the other, with so much power you could hear the walls of that tiny room shivering when I walked in with her tea or water! Awesome. I think she loaded up 45 slaves (for all you youngins, that's 22tracks times 45 tapes) 990 takes!!!! try that and still perform yer ass off!!

I'll try and hit you with more when i've got a sec,
t
Old 3rd March 2009
and people bash protools! ha
Old 4th March 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Maserati View Post
I think she loaded up 45 slaves (for all you youngins, that's 22tracks times 45 tapes) 990 takes!!!! try that and still perform yer ass off!!
WOW! Thanks a lot for sharing that, Tony. That certainly IS something to really think about. I guess great work seldom comes easily.
Old 5th March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus enochson View Post

When working on the mix "One More Chance" for Notorious BIG at Hit Factory studio A (no longer in existence), I worked on the mix for almost two weeks. After about five days the track was printed and most of Faith Evans' vocals. Big was in an out during this time and sometimes would sit next to me and jus listen. For two days, he would jus say, play it one more time. I tried to keep myself busy by tweakin this or that, and he'd jus keep saying play it one more time... after sitting next to me for several days he finally said, "aiight, put up a mic". He went in (no paper, no pens) and knocked out his vocal and adlibs. Killed it. I don't think there were more than two punches on the whole vocal track!

i got that good love girl, you didn't know.
t
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search