The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Upcoming work with Flogging Molly
Old 21st July 2015
Gear Head

Upcoming work with Flogging Molly

I noticed you have an upcoming project with Flogging Molly listed on your website. How will you approach such a mixture of folk instruments? Do you go into a project like that with a certain workflow already imagined or is a more organic process? Do you already have an idea of how the instruments will fit together or is it something you have to look at bar by bar in the mix depending on what's happening in the song?
Old 22nd July 2015
Ross Hogarth

I couldn't be more excited about Flogging Molly. They are one of my fave bands and play together like a band
Their instincts are amazing together
On a record like theirs the songs and song arrangement is everything
Once you get the arrangement its like pouring a foundation
the framing and the house will go up seamlessly and naturally
I have lots of experience with multi instruments and they've played so many gigs together its gonna be great
no need to overthink or over perseverate the process
its natural
its gonna be great
we are still in the writing stage and pre pro stage so stay posted for something by 2016 .. since they are on the road all summer now and we won't be back together till late summer
early fall ..
Old 23rd July 2015
Gear Head

Thanks for the answer! So will they be recording "live?" Mics galore and gobos in a big room?

BTW they seem to find great engineers because the Salty Dog cruise last year had some of the most amazing live sound I've ever heard. Maybe I'll hear some of your production work next March on a beach in the Bahamas...
Old 23rd July 2015
Ross Hogarth

i will definitely be on the cruise .. !!
Old 28th July 2015
Gear Head

Pro tip to thank you for you time here: Guiness and softserve floats. They've got a softserve machine right on the deck and the Guiness comes in buckets.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search