The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
S6l - s6
Old 27th September 2016
Gear Nut

S6l - s6

Hey Robb. I'm curious about your work on the S6L. I do just studio work, but I really like how the S6L has the touch screen instead of just a monitor in front of each fader bank. One touch to reach eq, compression and such seems like a real time saver. Do you have any comments as to how well the S6L would work in a studio environment, or perhaps if the S6 would ever implement touch screens in the same fashion as the S6L has?

Thanks
Old 29th September 2016
special guest

Hi Jared
Glad you like the work flow we are very proud of it. In live sound access to functions instantly is the most important part of workflow solutions. Touch screens are fantastic for navigation. I 'm not a great believer in changing values with touch but seeing some visual feedback of an eq curve or a dynamic gain reduction and then just touching that to bring the parameters to your encoders seems like a solid workflow. The S6L is designed for mixing sound dynamically it will never be a DAW controller in the way that S6 is. We do have several S6Ls in OB trucks for mixing live to air music and that seems to work very well. thanks for the question. all the best.
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search