The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Showbiz
Old 9th August 2009
Lives for gear

Showbiz

Hi, john...again.

Muse made 'Newton Abbott Demo' before showbiz.

Did you listen to this before helping with showbiz? If so what did you learn about the band for recording the album and what did you think of the band based on the demo (the demo has amateur things like proximity effect and pops on vocals and pretty small sounding drums and guitars.)

Also things like Sober and Ashamed have the arrangements changed QUITE a bit, was that anything to do with you?
Old 15th August 2009
Gear nut

Re: Showbiz

Dont know any Newton Abbot demo. There were two EPs released on Dangerous records from Sawmills studios. One called Muscle Museum EP. Cant remember full history of the songs but I think your demo is pre Sawmills? On album we used tracks from ep recordings being Unintended, Sober and maybe Muscle museum and Cave? We would have redone vocals and some guitars. All other songs we re-arranged and rehearsed and went to RAK and rerecorded. Before working with band I'd heard eps and been to few gigs so I knew they were great.
Cheers
JL
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search