The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Doing it right!
Old 28th July 2009
Gear maniac

Doing it right!

Hey!

Thanks for taking the time out to do this, it's especially great for people like me who are getting into the recording world.

The question i had was a bit of a vague one but i'll go ahead and ask it anyway.

How do you know when you have done a song justice, or recorded/produced it in the right way, is there a right mix? Is it just dependent on the artists satisfaction?

Thanks again!
Old 16th August 2009
Gear nut

Doing It right

Good question. I was going to say when the studio time/budget runs out, but really its done when artist, record company and who ever else is involved have approved it and positive reactions all round. All mixes are versions and the right mix is one finally chosen by artist or record company. The producer only really proposes and supplies mixes and its always the record companies prerogative which mix and tracks are used for release because they own the rights.
I think you know you've done it justice when you're happy and everyone concerned gets off on it.
Cheers
JL
Old 16th August 2009
Gear maniac

Good answer I'll try too keep this in mind whenever i begin a project!
Thanks again
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search