The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tip of the hat - Dr John
Old 17th July 2009
Gear interested

Tip of the hat - Dr John

Dear John...

Your work on "Anutha Zone" alone puts you in my fave producers category. The Nawlins/Lanois sound is highly mystified yet you have nailed it - and then some.... you also bridged the gap beween UK v US sound with soul to boot, so congrats from an admirier from afar. Your treatments are instinctive and enhance the music in a way that even some artists would fail to appreciate. Raising a glass as I speak. Thanks for that.
Old 19th July 2009
Gear nut

Tip of the hat Dr John

Hey Larrabee
Thanks a lot for kind comments. I was honoured to work with Mac and proud of record and had great time doing it and when Dr John and band came to tour UK I got on the bus and just had to go with them!
"Never leave the house without a hat and a cane" Dr John

Cheers JL
Old 19th July 2009
Gear nut

I also love the sound of this album, and I think it's the good doctors finest.
My question is, in the album artwork there is a picture of Dr John singing into what seems to be an SM58. Is that what is used and heard on the album? If it's so then I'm deeply impressed with the sound you guys have gotten out of it.
Any other details and stories on the making of Anutha Zone would be greatly appriciated!
Old 19th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleckie View Post
Hey Larrabee
Thanks a lot for kind comments. I was honoured to work with Mac and proud of record and had great time doing it and when Dr John and band came to tour UK I got on the bus and just had to go with them!
"Never leave the house without a hat and a cane" Dr John

Cheers JL
Mac is one of the coolest dudes in the ENTIRE world.
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search