The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Click Tracks.
Old 9th July 2009
Gear maniac

Click Tracks.

Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time out to answer some questions here; your replies so far have made for interesting and informative reading.

I am interested in the use of click tracks in your productions. Mainly on the Stone Roses, the Bends and Z (MMJ). Did you use clicks throughout the tracks or would they be turned off at a certain point? Do you generally prefer tracking with or without clicks? (I guess this is a project-to-project question...).

Many thanks,

Jimmy.
Old 13th July 2009
Gear nut

Click Tracks

Hi Jimmy
If you run down the best top 25 records of all time i bet you none of them were recorded with click tracks.
There's no click tracks on Stone Roses apart from Fools Gold. There's none on Z except Wordless Chorus and Bends I think was all click tracks. So it varies from band to band and what the music needs. I prefer knowing the bpm on the count in and then letting it go. Its good for bands from time to time to rehearse with click tracks especially on new songs.
Cheers
JL
Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search