The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Working in India
Old 3rd July 2009
Lives for gear

Working in India

Hi John, producers can be fortunate enough to travel to new places for work. How did you find working in India?
THanks,

Andy
Old 16th August 2009
Gear nut

Working in India

Hi Andy
Yes, one of the 'fruits' of the job is being able to travel and work in different places and cultures. I was asked by British Council to find and produce some new Indian 'rock' bands with a view to making a sampler album giving a taste of what was happening out there. I realised India is a huge place with 103,000,000 people and there's a lot of music going on. Most of the business is Bollywood films and there are just a few major music studios based in film complexes. We worked inn Yas Raj in Mumbai and it was first class with huge new Neve desk, Prisms on all inputs and outputs, Manley, SSL, Focusrite and all manner of goodies in the rack. The engineers were excellent, well trained and used to recording huge orchestras for films and were pleased to be working with guitar, bass, drums. India is full on and there's a lot to take in and I'm sure there are many mini studios around but still all tied in with film and TV.
Check this for more info on India Soundpad Project:
British Council :: Soundpad ยป Home and India SoundPad

Cheers JL
Old 26th August 2009
Gear Head

Crazy. i would have loved to do that. Just looked at some of the bands you worked with in India, and my band 'A Stranger In Moscow' actually played with 'Swarathma' in Oxford a few months ago. They were incredible! Loving the costumes also!

Andy
Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search