The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A simple technical question...
Old 8th January 2011
Gear Head

Lightbulb A simple technical question...

Dear Ken,

I would like to find out the distance from the REC-head air gap of a BTR 2 to the air gap of its REPRO-head. Do you remember that? Or have any notes about it, or a clue where I can obtain these information?

I'd like to know the same at a Studer J37. The reason is the inclusion of these two machines into setting up ADT, as you might remember.

Besides I'm researching about devices for time stretch / compression without pitch shifting magnetic tape recordings and vice versa - admittedly already another question.
Did you ever use any machines for separating pitch from speed alteration, ie. something like the "Eltro Mk. II" or something? What about the quality of a signal processed in such a way?

Thanks a lot for your attention. thumbsup

P.S. I'm collecting these information for a scientific coursework, written within my audio engineer diploma education at SAE Institute Berlin...

Greetings from Jan Opo
Old 11th January 2011
special guest

Hi Jan, I'm sorry but I have absolutely no idea of the answer to your question. You may find the answer in Recording The Beatles by Kevin Ryan and Brian Kehew, but I'm not sure that even they know.

Cheers.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search