The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hindsight
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Hindsight

Hi Ken, thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions!!

With all the advancements we've made in technology I'm wondering what you have now that you wish you had 40 years ago? Is there anything that could have made it better or more enjoyable in hindsight?

It seems that so many great records were made years ago and although technology has made it easier, I'm not so sure there are as many timeless records being made in the modern day.

It seems to some degree we've reached a point of excess with the amount of tracks we can record, etc... That were losing focus of the songs and expression. One of my gripes is the lack of performance on modern records. Everything is artificially perfect. From autotune, sample replacement to quantization.

On every record you've done I can hear the artists/musicians character in their playing, singing and writing. The sounds and performances are so colorful and unique in their expression.

This is not an anti-technology statement. I use modern gear everyday. I just believe that although the new advancements are nice, nothing replace's a good ear and a good team.
Old 11th January 2011
special guest

Hi Mark, It gives me great pleasure to say that I wouldn't change a thing. It was the lack of equipment that led us to strive harder and I do believe there are too many choices these days. Actually that's not quite right. We just need people to start making decisions.

Cheers
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search