The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Don't touch me there
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear interested

Don't touch me there

Hi Ken, In another thread you mentioned having worked on Don't Touch Me There. I love how you made the Phil Spector style production. Sorry if this is too much of a newbie question but I might as well ask the master while I have this chance. Concerning the snare sound is the trick to getting that cannon sound basically tuning it low and putting on a lot of long reverb plus having the right room(and getting the tambourine in there as well)? Any tips appreciated. What type and size of snare would you recommend for this sound? Also , I think I hear castanettes on the chorus. Am I correct? They really sound great and add so much to the whole feel of the song. One more also, is the "bell sound" on this song a glockenspiel? Thanks again, I look forward every day to reading your replies, Mark
Old 14th January 2011
special guest

Hi Mark, Thanks so much for making me pull out Young And Rich to listen to. I haven't heard it in a very long time. Boy they were so good pre David Foster.

Anyway, if memory serves me well the drums were slowed down and then of course lots of plate reverb. As far as the castanets, that was the idea of Jack Nitzsche, the string arranger we used for that track, as did Mr Spector. I don't remember using a glock and so what you might be hearing is tubular bells. Hope that helps.

Cheers
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search