The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pink Floyd memories & Trident replicas...
Old 14th December 2010
Lives for gear

Arrow Pink Floyd memories & Trident replicas...

Hello Ken -

it's a pleasure & honour to have the opportunity to... virtually bombard U with questions - and a real treat to read your answers (personally I appreciate & enjoy your matter-of-fact explanations and use-what-U-got sensible approach as much as I enjoy listening to many of the real classic albums & recordings U brought to existance in this way...thumbsup).

So here's my double-bomb, hopefully a positively exploding one with U:

1) do U have any interesting or fondest Pink Floyd memories to share, both anecdote & happenings wise, and of course gear & "little secrets" wise?

2) have U ever had the opportunity & will to use or try any of the subsequent Trident A and B range modules and "replicas" by various manufacturers (Toft, MTA/Toft & Fletcher, Daking, ahemm...Oram, etc) and what did U think of them, given that U know and quite evidently like the old Trident desks, and are actually one of those people who have come to make their sound legendary, by means of your work?

Thanks in advance - looking forward to your book and any new sonic endavours, anytime.

Kind regards from Slovenia & Happy Holidays,

A
F
Old 15th January 2011
special guest

Hi, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to be really selfish with your first question. As you are aware I'm currently working on a book and I feel that I should keep any Floyd memories for that endeavour. In other words, I dont have much and I ain't gonna give it all away here.

With regard to your second question, I was at NAMM yesterday and whilst there I spoke with PMI Audio, the company that is about to put out the "supposed" closest replica as authorized by Malcolm Toft. I will be getting one when they have some in hand and would be able to answer your question then. I am however a, endorser for the UA Trident A Range plugin which I really like, as far as plugins go.

Cheers
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search