The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recording today for the sound 30 years ago?
Old 13th December 2010
Lives for gear

Recording today for the sound 30 years ago?

Hi Ken,

I would guess you are often asked to re-create the classic sounds you achieved on the Beatles/Bowie/ (insert very long list here)...recordings, as in, an artist hires you because they love the sound you got on Ziggy.

Have you recently tried to re-create any of those sounds and vibe using today's gear? Any recordings you would like to point me to?

Thanks, I am a big fan, much appreciated.
Old 15th January 2011
special guest

Hi David, Interestingly I am often asked how I got certain sounds but rarely asked to actually recreate them. Really the only time in the last few years was for a film project that had to sound like the Bowie period and unfortunately after starting the initial recording the star pulled out and the producers lost funding. I'm hopeful that it will eventually get finished because the soundtrack was sounding great.

As far as recreating some of those sounds with today's gear. Highly unlikely. That's basically why I worked so hard on EpiK DrumS, because so many people seemed to like the sounds from back then but it's becoming close to impossible, or at least very costly, to get them these days.

Cheers
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search