The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Son of Shmilsson arangements
Old 12th December 2010
Lives for gear

Son of Shmilsson arangements

I was going to tag this on the lottery song post but it's pretty much it's own question (or series of questions).

I'm wondering if you can remember how the horn arrangements happened on that album. The strings were obviously written out and recorded separately but the horns, particularly on ambush, sound pretty off the cuff. I've also come to understand that people were pretty out of their minds

And as a side note if there are any specific experiences with Harry you can remember I know that at least I would love to hear them.

Thanks so much for coming over and doing this q&a.
Old 14th January 2011
special guest

Hi Marc, If I remember correctly the horn parts were worked out on the spot by Jim Horn, Bobby Keys and Richard Perry. For more on the recording there is a lot of video, poor quality unfortunately, on Youtube and there is a dvd which may include at least some of the Trident footage. You'll see just how people were during the sessions if you check those out. Especially the drunk OAPs.

Cheers
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search