The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Prefab Sprout
Old 3rd June 2004
Lives for gear

Prefab Sprout

They seem like a love em or hate em band.

I think they are some of the best sounding records of their time.
Did T Dolby have a lot to do with the mixing or was TWG your baby?

Could you share some stuff about the sound of that record please?
Old 3rd June 2004
Captain

Thomas was very involved and we had a thoroughly good time. We worked on "Two wheels good" at a residential studio in England and just had fun. Thomas is very creative and I had worked on 2 of his solo albums and then we kind of hooked up and did a lot together.
We would do his records at Pete Townshend's studio in London ant Thomas would come to work each day by baot as Pete's studio is right on the river , then for lunch we would get in the baot and moor it at a pub and umm.....well.......not get too much more work done really !.
As for the sound...we just did the English thing , messed around the most unnatural way possible.!!
Prefab are so typically English in that the music does not translate to th U.S even remotely.
Old 3rd June 2004
Gear Maniac

Wink like hell....

Quote:
Originally posted by shipshape
Prefab are so typically English in that the music does not translate to th U.S even remotely.
well they certainly worked for this ugly american . the fact that listening to TWG places me right at a certain time in college, w/a certain girl, just makes it that much better even today. sweet job Mike!!!!
Old 3rd June 2004
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shipshape
And here I was thinking Paddy was Irish!

I still listen to Steve McQueen - what a great album.
Old 3rd June 2004
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Boll
I still listen to Steve McQueen - what a great album.
Me too, love it to death.
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search