The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AWS900
Old 3rd June 2004
Lives for gear

AWS900

Mike it's been a while since the announcement of the AWS900.
What are your thoughts today? Thanks
Old 3rd June 2004
Captain

Kinda been here, but it's not a console I have any interest in. I think that there are too many compromises . Can't figure it out really as to why they are so adamant that they are not gonna fix the silliness with it.
We will have to see what happens 'cos it's no different than when the Axiom or 9k came out......both fraught with problems that meant both consoles being pulled until they got it together and listened to some feedback and fixed the problems ,tho too little to late with the Axiom and every studio sent the 9k back originally also.
Something SSL haven't done alot of since Colin Sanders died.(the original designer and owner of SSL) is too involve the end user in the product earlier.
There are people at SSL that are fantastic so I don't want to negative but it's like any company that get's really big I guess. I remember when they were a cottage industry and Colin came to our studio with a prototype module of the G series hangin out of the bottom of a plastic shopping bag!!.
We couldn't get any sound out of it except the radio !!!! but the concept was totally brilliant.
We ordered it sight unseen cos it was such a great concept.
Back on topic tho,if anyone has a AWS900 or knows someone who knows someone who has etc.
let us know!!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search