The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stems
Old 29th September 2005
Lives for gear

Stems

I know there are times where it is a must to stem tracks because of high track count but in a perfect world do you feel that you perfer to have each individual track coming out onto your console for mixing or do you like to have certain elements or instruments stemed to one or two tacks for convenience and ease of mixing.........do you feel stemming is compromising in any way sonically during miixing process .Thanks for your time this has been my favorite month since i jumped on board here!!!

Ron Florentine
Soundswest Studio
Old 29th September 2005
Past Guest Moderator

i would be a happy mixer if I only had 8 tracks to mix, but i only get that if i'm mixing for david Kahne. The rest of the time I want to keep it down to 46 tracks. That magic number is because the rest of the desk is allocated to all types of toys and returns of samples etc.

I don't think there is any sonic compromise to making stems, that I can hear. When I make a stem it might be submixing stereo harmony vocals, kicks, snares, guitars that have a couple amps or ambience. I have my assistant make the stems and then I'll listen to them for approval.

Just two more days here, where did the time go?
Old 29th September 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brauer
Just two more days here, where did the time go?
You know.. you could always stick around and hang out.... *hint hint*

heh

Thanks for taking the time to do this Michael.
Old 29th September 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks Michael.................It has been great to hang with you! thumbsup
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search