The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Federal Compressor Mods
Old 28th September 2005
Gear Head

Federal Compressor Mods

It looks as if you had your Federal Compressor modded. I have a two of these that I want to have some work done on. I was wondering if you could recommend who to go to. Thank you very much.
Old 28th September 2005
Past Guest Moderator

It's been modded a couple of times. That extra knob is just the threshold adjust moved from the back to the front. I found a matching knob, and did a print copy of the indicator ring. The input needs to be padded down alot.

I would recommend Steve Firlotte for anything and everything. Inward connections sfirlotte@socal.rr.com He didn't mod mine but, had I known him back when I modded it, I'd have used him.
Old 28th September 2005
Gear Head

Thank you very much!! Do you have an output knob anywhere or is it fixed. For what it's worth, mine has a couple of early military mods -

"military installed mod's number 31W1-2U-506 and 507 which are "H" pads installed in the input and output circuit, to increase input stabilization and reduce the output to zero DB."

Again, thank you for the info, it's been a very insightful month.
Old 29th September 2005
Rea
Lives for gear

Hi-

seems like my federals(2) take some low end out of the sound and adds some highs. is that the case with those or is it a fault?
Old 30th September 2005
Gear Head

I'm actually not sure yet, I just got them. I'm setting up my little home room still and haven't had the chance to plug them in yet, but I'll let you know. I'm waiting for construction to begin on my actual space so for now, I'm having fun trying to collect some fairly inexpensive toys to play with.
Old 30th September 2005
Lives for gear

mine takes out lows and adds highs as well...great for vox and ac gtr, not so hot on bass.
-brian
Old 30th September 2005
Past Guest Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatural
not so hot on bass.-brian
trying sending the bass to it instead of using it as an insert.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search