The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Favorite record(s)
Old 20th March 2013
Gear nut

Favorite record(s)

Michael - just wanted to ask what your favorite records are. Are you a fan?

AS
Old 20th March 2013
Michael Beinhorn

Wow- that's like asking what kind of air I like to breathe. I love and support anything that is an sincere artistic expression in any medium.

As far as music- everything from Led Zeppelin to Beethoven, from Debussy to Bartok, from Stockhausen to ABBA, from Frank Sinatra to Einsturzende Neubaten, from John Cage to James Brown, from The Meters to Rossini. I love all varieties of ethnic/folk music from around the world and many varieties/eras of electronic music. I even like some American country music. And a whole lot of Jazz. There will never be too much great music in the world.
Old 23rd March 2013
Gear nut

Excuse the thread-jack, maybe the OP is asking about the records where great music combines with incredible production, to make a record that is really worthy of the spirit of the music. Surely this is a different question?
Old 26th March 2013
Michael Beinhorn

Yes, it is. It makes me more of a record reviewer, I suppose.

There are a lot of records I feel that fall under that description. Do you want some specifics and what I feel distinguishes them?
Old 27th March 2013
Gear nut

Actually that's not what I was asking but it's a good question.

AS
Old 28th March 2013
Michael Beinhorn

Was your initial question answered?
Old 29th March 2013
Gear nut

Oh yeah. Mainly I'm always interested if people that are in the industry are still fans.

AS
Old 30th March 2013
Michael Beinhorn

Ahhhh.... In that case, I love music, deeply. With that in mind, I can honestly say that I haven't heard anything new in the past 10-12 years that I have loved. This saddens me very much.
Old 1st April 2013
Gear nut

I agree Michael - it actually stretches back farther than that for me, quite a bit farther. I'm not a fan anymore, but I love music.

AS
Old 2nd April 2013
Gear nut

i can dig it - music is completely subjective. I'm at a place where the music I listen to I will listen to the rest of my life, not interested in the pop music cycle anymore. That is not a value judgement, just my personal taste.

AS
Old 2nd April 2013
Michael Beinhorn

Yes- it's all entirely subjective. If listening to and loving current music defines a person as being a fan, then no- I'm not a fan either.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search