The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why Nuendo DAW Software
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

Why Nuendo

Hey Michael, I am curious as to what made you go against the grain and use Nuendo in an industry in which (especially at the time) was pretty exclusively dominated by Pro Tools. Also, are you happy with the decision and do you feel that you might have lost work as a result?
Old 20th March 2013
Michael Beinhorn

We chose Nuendo for the Korn recording simply because they were the only game in town at that time. Digi (pre-Avid) didn't have a 96 kHz format and it would have been available around the time we were getting done. We experimented with their bit-splitting recommendation (to get 96k from combining a pair of 48k tracks) but it wasn't very good. Initially, using Nuendo was great because of it operability at 96k, but terrible due to interfaceability and the way the company addressed issues in the pro user community. It took them several years to deal with basic stuff- such as having a proper AES interface instead of using a MIDI time code device- which made absolutely no sense.

I did a few more projects after with Nuendo, but kept winding up with Pro Tools due to its ubiquity. Eventually, I heard Pro Tools Native which is a definite step up from TDM. That's what I currently use.

Honestly, I don't think anyone cared if I used Nuendo or Pro Tools, but this could be a factor for someone else.
Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search