The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your finest work, and work you admire...
Old 8th September 2016
GS Community Manager

Your finest work, and work you admire...

Hey Mark, thanks again for hanging out with us!

What record (in your opinion) is the best work you've ever done? What are you most proud of?

And are there any records past or present that you really rate on a professional level? Who do you think is or was doing stuff that you aspire to?

Cheers!!
Old 8th September 2016
special guest

Your finest work, and work you admire.

This is a question I get asked a lot and to be truthful I don't really rate the mix when I am just listening to a song. ( unless I am asked to) I hear ideas that I might try to emulate but I don't pay much attention to the "mixing styles". I just listen and like a song or not. I don't really have a favorite genre of music either as I like A LOT of different stuff. As far as my work , I love all of the hits as it is so much fun to know that a lot of people around the world are listening to songs that I played some small role in bring to fruition.Bands like Cake, Chris Isaak, Fleetwood Mac , The Killers, Imagine Dragons,Neon Trees and so many more have taken a chance with me mixing their music and I owe them a big thank you. There are some that not many people have heard like Songs For A Blue Guitar by Mark Kozelek or 60 Watt Silver Lining by Mark Eitzel that I am very proud of , as well as hundreds of other bands throughout the years that I don't have the room here to mention.
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Needham View Post
There are some that not many people have heard like Songs For A Blue Guitar by Mark Kozelek
One of my favourite records ever, thank you for your work sir.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search